# Troubleshooting problems
This page is for when you encounter a problem with a source extension.
It can be accompanied by these error messages:
- HTTP Error 5xx
- HTTP Error 4xx
- Page List is empty
- Unable to resolve host
- unexpected url
- Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String org.jsoup.nodes.Node.attr(java.lang.String)' on a null object reference
- Failed to bypass Cloudflare
- Verify your extensions are up to date. ( → Extensions, make sure no extensions have an update button)
- Check if Tachiyomi has an update ( → then click Check for updates)
- Try opening the manga in CAPTCHA, solve it and see if it helped. . If there is
- Change your internet connection (switch to Wi-Fi, mobile data or a VPN, use a "What's my IP" site to confirm your IP has changed), then try again.
- Ask other users to try the action that gives you the error.
- Check if the source is either down, or is having issues in a browser.
- Press the retry button in the middle of your manga page if one exists.
- Try the following at
- Clear Cache
- Clear Cookies
- Clear Database
- If your downloads are getting stuck, try deleting the queue and trying again.
- Force close Tachiyomi and reopen it.
Try the latest Preview version, your issue may have been fixed.
If none of these help, try asking in our Discord Server
# It only happens to me
You may be getting a CAPTCHA, may have been IP-banned, or encountered some other counter-measure that website owners deploy against programs like Tachiyomi. If that is the case, there is probably nothing that can be done about that. Some of them (like CAPTCHA) have to be manually solved, some are temporary (IP bans).
Workarounds that can lower chance of it happening again:
- Don't use downloads with the source.
- Have less manga in library from the source.
All of the above are very imprecise and fuzzy rules, because each site has their own, non-public limits and triggers.
# Everyone is having this problem
If the site is reachable and fully functional then there may be an issue with the extension or app.
- Have a look at open issues for the app and/or extensions.
- It may have been fixed already, but not released yet, so look at closed issues (app / extensions) issues as well.
- If you can't find the issue there, open a new one.
If the site is not reachable or having issues then all you can do is wait for the site to become functional again.
# What are some common errors?
# Solving a CAPTCHA
Please note that WebView is not the same as using your browser.
You must solve the CAPTCHA in WebView.
How to open WebView
- Go to in the bottom navbar.
- Press the source you'd like to access.
- Press the icon.
- Complete CAPTCHA if one is present.
- Once done, press the Back Arrow at the top left to return.
# WebView not working?
If WebView doesn't work for you, please update the Android System WebView app.
When you've updated go to Developer Options in your phone's settings and set WebView Implementation to
Android System WebView.
Still not working?
Android System WebView doesn't work, try setting
Google Chrome as the default WebView Implementation instead.