# Troubleshooting problems
This page is for when you encounter a problem with a source or the app.
# What are some common errors?
If error-specific instructions didn't help or your error isn't on the list, go through Diagnosis.
- Verify your extensions are up to date ( → Extensions, make sure no extensions have an Update button).
- Check if Tachiyomi has an update ( → then click Check for updates).
- Verify that WebView is updated.
- Try opening the manga in Cloudflare protection, wait for it to load. If there is a CAPTCHA, solve it and see if it helped. . If there is a
- Change your internet connection (switch to Wi-Fi, mobile data or a VPN, use a "What's my IP" site to confirm your IP has changed), then try again.
- Ask other users to try the action that gives you the error.
- Check if the source is either down, or is having issues in a browser.
- Press the retry button in the middle of your manga page if one exists.
- Try the following at
- Clear Cache
- Clear Cookies
- Clear Database
- DNS over HTTPS
- If your downloads are getting stuck, try deleting the queue and trying again.
- Force close Tachiyomi and reopen it.
Your issue may have been fixed in the Preview version already, just wait for a new Stable release.
If none of these help, try asking in our Discord Server (opens new window). State app version, source, manga and chapter with the problem.
# It only happens to me
You may be getting a Cloudflare protection, may have been IP-banned, or encountered some other counter-measure that website owners deploy against programs like Tachiyomi. If that is the case, there is probably nothing that can be done about that. Some of them (like Cloudflare) have to be manually solved, some are temporary (IP bans).
Workarounds that can lower chance of it happening again:
- Don't use downloads with the source.
- Have less manga in library from the source.
All of the above are very imprecise and fuzzy rules, because each site has their own, non-public limits and triggers.
# Everyone is having this problem
If the site is reachable and fully functional then there may be an issue with the extension or app.
- Have a look at open issues for the app (opens new window) and/or extensions (opens new window).
- It may have been fixed already, but not released yet, so look at closed issues (app (opens new window) / extensions (opens new window)) issues as well.
- If you can't find the issue there, open a new one.
If the site is not reachable or having issues then all you can do is wait for the site to become functional again.
# Solving the Cloudflare issue
Please note that WebView is not the same as using your browser.
You must solve the Cloudflare issue in WebView.
How to open WebView
- Go to in the bottom navbar.
- Press the source you'd like to access.
- Press the icon.
- Complete CAPTCHA if one is present.
- Once done, press the Back Arrow at the top left to return.
# Update WebView
To update WebView, you need to find what WebView implementation is used on your device. In general, default implementation depends on the Android version as follows:
- Android 10.0 and higher - Android System WebView (opens new window).
- Android from 7.0 to 9.0 - Google Chrome (opens new window).
- Android 6.0.1 and lower - Android System WebView (opens new window).
Users of Android 7.0 and higher can also see and change WebView implementation in Developer Options (opens new window).